Easy to make, economical powdered laundry detergents that wont disappoint you!
Low Sudsing so they’re Front loader friendly too!
Ingredients for Powdered Laundry Detergent
- 2 cups Borax (sodium borate) found in the laundry aisle of most supermarkets
- 2 cups Washing Soda (sodium carbonate) is available in the laundry aisle of most supermarkets
- A bar of natural and organic soap – I like to use a highly scented soap so the end result smells beautiful!
4 steps to make Powdered Laundry Detergent
- Grate the bar of soap with a cheese grater or grate in the food processor.
- In a large bowl, mix 2 cups of washing soda, 2 cups of Borax and the grated soap.
- Store in a sealed container.
- Use 1/8 to 1/4 cup per load.
If you are concerned using Borax in this recipe and prefer not to use it, just add an extra 1/2 cup of washing soda in its place. You could also substitute 1 cup of Liquid Castille soap if you like.
Ingredients for Powdered Laundry Detergent 2 (About a years supply!)
- 8 cups of Borax
- 6 cups of Washing Soda
- 1 container of Oxyclean or other Oxi of your choice
- 2 cups Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 Bars of Pure Soap (eg: Sunlight Soap)
- 2 bottles of Purex Crystals (Optional, found at Woolworths and Coles)
3 steps to make Powdered Laundry Detergent
- Grate the soap by hand or use a food processor.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large, strong garbage bag and mix thoroughly by turning the bag over a few times. Then pour into your storage bucket and place what you want to use in the laundry in a decorative jar or container.
- Use 2-4 Tablespoons per wash load.