This recipe makes about 8 – 10 soft, white homemade buns in just over an hour.
- 1 cup warm water
- 4½ tsp. active dry yeast
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ⅓ cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- 3½ cups plain white flour
- In a measuring cup, sprinkle yeast over warm water. Allow to dissolve and foam for about five minutes.
- Place all of the ingredients, including water and yeast in a mixer.
- Using the dough hook, knead on “stir” setting for 3-5 minutes, until smooth and elastic, adding additional flour if needed.
- On a floured surface, turn out dough, and divide into desired amounts. Rolls(24), Small buns(12), Large buns(8).
- Shape into balls and place on a greased baking sheet, evenly spaced apart.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 220c degrees.
- Bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool completely and serve.