Licences and Permits

We'd love you to SHARE this blog post!

Every business in Australia has to have some form of licencing even if it is only a registered business name.

MoneySmart – Check that a business is licenced
Deal only with licensed businesses, or persons authorised by a licensed business, when you’re getting financial advice and buying financial products. ‘Financial products’ include deposit accounts, life and general insurance, superannuation and investments in managed funds, shares, debentures, and other more complex financial investments. (Loans and direct investments in real estate are regulated under State laws, and are excluded from ASIC licensing.)

Environmental Licences and Permits in your State or Territory

Dept. of Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts
The EPBC Act is the Australian Government’s central piece of environmental legislation. It provides a legal framework to protect and manage nationally and internationally important flora, fauna, ecological communities and heritage places — defined in the Act as matters of national environmental significance.

Australian Government – Registration and Licences
When you’re starting up a new business it’s important to find out what registration and licences apply to you. This can be complex as local, state, territory and federal governments all handle registration and licensing for various aspects of your business.

Applying for an ABN
The Australian business number (ABN) is a unique 11 digit identifier that makes it easier for businesses and all levels of government to interact.

ABN Lookup

ABN Lookup provides access to the publicly available information provided by businesses when they register for an Australian Business Number (ABN).

Do I need an Export Licence?




    Ready to have fun while still saving your money?

    Sign Up for free money tips to help you get what you want in life.