Dogs love the taste of peanut butter and these dog bickies get some fish oil into your dog’s diet too. Fish oil will improve your dog’s coat, making it shiny and soft.
Try to find organic peanut butter at your supermarket. Many commercial brands of peanut butter have unhealthy hydrogenated oils, preservatives and additives.
- 2 cups of flour (white or wheat)
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/3 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/2 tablespoon of fish oil (from fish oil capsules if you like)
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the flour and oats together in a large bowl and pour in one cup of water and blend until smooth. Add the peanut butter, honey, and fish oil and mix until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Slowly add the remaining water until the mixture has a thick and doughy consistency.
- Lightly flour the benchtop and roll the dough onto the surface to create tray and bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before serving to your dog.