Making your own skincare products will not only save you money but also your skin. Did you know that the preservatives and chemicals found in skincare products cause cell damage and will actually contribute to your skin aging? It makes sense – nurture your skin with healthy, nourishing ingredients and you’ll give your skin the best chance of looking and remaining healthy for many years to come.
Below you’ll find an array of my exclusive skincare recipes that I used to make when I owned a natural skincare business. I hope you enjoy them. You’ll also find a lot of other recipes that I enjoy to use.
I’ve linked the ingredients for convenience to where I purchase them from myself but of course you can do your own research to find suppliers.
5 Instant Savvy Beauty Tips
1. Use a soft microfibre cloth to remove mascara and eye makeup without soap, just warm water. Dampen the cloth and gently hold on the eye and wipe gently.
2. Coconut or Olive oil can be used to remove eye makeup and mascara, even face makeup. If you have oily skin then try the microfibre cloth with a little liquid castille soap in water to remove face makeup. Have you heard of Oil Cleansing?
3. Bicarbonate of soda in a basin of warm water will tone your face and prevent breakouts. You can even use bi-carb as a gentle exfoliant mixed with a little coconut oil or water.
- Mix 1 Tbsp bicarbonate of soda with a little warm water to create a paste, and gently massage into the skin on your face, avoiding the delicate skin around the eyes.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry with a soft towel.
4. Coconut oil through the hair and scalp will give it a nourishing treatment and leave your hair silky soft after shampooing and conditioning.
5. Here a few quick and easy body scrubs to mix up. Mix together until you have a consistency that you can use and scrub away in the shower.
Coconut Oil and Brown Sugar Scrub
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 3 tablespoons coconut oil
• 1/2 cup coffee grounds (Left over from the morning coffees perhaps)
• 1/2 cup fine sea salt
• 1 to 2 tablespoons olive, rice bran, or coconut oil
Fresh Lemon Body Scrub
• 1/2 cup of sugar or fine salt
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/4 cup honey
• 2 tablespoons white sugar
An easy face scrub and softening treatment is to blend oats until powdery fine and mix with warm water to create a paste. Use this as a face mask and then rinse and gently scrub to reveal beautiful soft skin.