We’ve listed a few ideas below to take the stress out of your planning your next family holiday.
1. During the school holiday times accommodation rates are usually at their highest so why not consider a mid-term getaway if you can arrange it. Tourist parks are a great place to spend a family break and there are many great ones to choose from. Try Sundowner Holidays or Big 4 Holiday Parks. You’ll even find pet friendly parks there.
2. Have you considered going away on a break with another family or couple? Rather than hiring separate accommodation for each couple why not look into renting a holiday home. Sharing the costs and cooking of meals will save you tons of money and the kids will love having their friends/family there to play with at all times.
3. Another great idea with sharing holidays is hiring a houseboat, the costs are split and you’ll get to enjoy cruising down one of our gorgeous waterways and stopping off at all sorts of places. You can find out more info at Oztours or Google ‘Aussie Houseboat Hire’ and see what you can find.
4. Scheduling your family holiday around one of our great sporting events or festivals will thrill the kids and give them memories to cherish. There are usually plenty of free activities around these events to keep the whole family happy.
5. Have you thought about house swapping? House swapping is fast becoming the chosen way to holiday as it’s FUN and it’s FREE. You could save thousands of dollars for every week away, and you get to live with the locals, in a real home – with all the comfort and convenience that brings.
Try Aussie House Swap or House Swap Holidays
Holidays with Kids, award winning family travel website, is a gold mine of inspiration for successful, fun family holidays. Packed with family-friendly destinations, accommodation from budget to 5 star resorts plus information on properties that have kids’ clubs too. www.holidayswithkids.com.au