Here’s an assortment of gargles for a sore throat. I prefer the salt water gargle because it really works if you do it at the first sign of a sore throat.
- Gargle with cool sage tea. Mix 1 teaspoon of dried sage in 1 cup of boiling water for 10 minutes, then strain.
- Sip apple cider vinegar. Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of honey in a cup of warm water.
- Dissolve half a teaspoon of salt in one cup of warm water. If the salty taste is too unpleasant for you, try adding a small amount of honey to sweeten the mixture. (Just remember to spit the water out after gargling, rather than swallowing!) Gargle with this mixture several times a day.
- Dissolve half a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in one cup of war water and gargle frequently throughout the day.
- For a particularly scratchy throat, take one tablespoon of concentrated lemon juice followed immediately by a tablespoon of honey just before bed, which will usually soothe your throat until morning.