Let’s start with the oven itself and then go onto the oven window.
- Bicarbonate of soda
- Bowl for mixing
- Spray bottle with white vinegar
- Take out the oven racks and set aside.
- In a bowl mix together about ½ cup Bicarbonate of soda with a little water to form a paste.
- Spread the mixture all over the inside of the oven and let this sit overnight to penetrate the scum. The baking soda will turn a brown colour as it absorbs the grime. You must leave this overnight to do it’s magic. Cover the oven trays with the paste as well and put back in the oven overnight.
- The next day, remove the racks and wipe over the oven and racks with a wet rag until you have removed as much grime and bicarbonate of soda mixture as possible.
- Next spray the vinegar over the oven and racks and leave for 15 minutes before wiping over with a clean, wet rag.
- Finally heat the oven on a low temperature for 15-20 minutes to dry out the oven completely.
- Again mix ¼ cup bicarbonate of soda with some water to make a thick paste and spread over the oven window.
- Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes and wipe with a clean damp rag.