This basic dog food recipe includes turkey for protein and vegetables for added vitamins and minerals. Turkey has less fat than beef, making this an ideal recipe for pups that could stand to lose a few kilos.
- 4 cups of water
- 500 gms minced turkey
- 2 cups of brown rice
- 1 cup of carrots, chopped
- 1 cup of green beans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fish oil (optional)
- Cook the minced turkey in a pant over medium heat until the meat is cooked through.
- In a large pot add the mince, brown rice and water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes, or until the rice is soft and tender.
- Add the carrots and green beans and cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- Store extra dinners in the fridge for up to five days or freeze in portions.